Information booklet for forestry contractors
The Victorian forestry contractors information booklet is a practical resource to assist forestry contractors to successfully operate a business.
The booklet covers:
- rights and obligations under the Owner Drivers and Forestry Contractors Act 2005 and Code;
- resources for running a successful small business;
- other laws and regulations that apply to harvesting and haulage activities; and
- sources of advice and assistance for forestry contractors.
Hirers must give a copy of the information booklet to contractors:
- at least three business days before the forestry contractor is engaged, if the contractor will be engaged for a period of at least 30 days; or
- on the thirtieth day, if the forestry contractor is engaged for a total period of at least 30 days in any three month period.
These requirements also apply to freight brokers and to tender situations.
Victorian forestry contractors information booklet
A hirer or freight broker who is required under the Owner Drivers and Forestry Contractors Act 2005 to provide the information booklet and applicable rates and costs schedule to a forestry contractor, may do so in hard copy or electronic form. If the document is given in electronic form, a copy of the document should be emailed to a direct email address of the contractor.
Emailing only a link to this website will not satisfy the requirements under the Owner Drivers and Forestry Contractors Act 2005.
In order to demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the Owner Drivers and Forestry Contractors Act 2005, it is important to keep good records. It is recommended that you obtain a notice of receipt or acknowledgement from a contractor when giving/emailing the Information Booklet or rates and costs schedule to them.
Page last updated: 20 July 2016