DEDJTR was established on 1 January 2015. The department consists of five service delivery groups and three enabling groups.
Economic Development, Employment and Innovation group
Actively support and facilitate economic development, innovation, business and employment growth in Victoria through a range of facilitation, policy and investment partnerships and interventions.
- Investment attraction and facilitation
- Market access and facilitation services for exporters
- Supporting growth and change in regional Victoria
- Positioning Victoria as a competitive tourism, conference and major event destination
- Driving innovation and development of new practices and technology
- Industry strategic policy and program initiatives
- Major economic capital projects
- Advice on private and public sector industrial relations
- Aligning business workforce needs with labour markets
- Aggregating and analysing business intelligence
- Providing business information, advisory and referral services.
Creative Victoria group
Championing, promoting and growing Victoria’s creative industries spanning arts, culture, screen and design.
- Developing and promoting creative industries
- Supporting productivity, exports, investments and jobs in the screen, design and interactive gaming sectors
- Creative industry strategy, policy and data
- International engagement in Victoria’s creative sector
- Raising awareness of Victoria’s creative sectors
- Support, funding and programs for creative industries agencies, arts organisations and cultural institutions
- Overseeing state-owned arts facilities and collections
- Coordinating relationships with other creative and cultural funding bodies.
Agriculture, Energy and Resources group
Working with industry, primary producers, energy consumers and rural communities across Victoria to drive sustainable economic growth in the food and fibre, natural resources and energy sectors.
- Policy development for agriculture, forest industries, food safety, biosecurity, fisheries, energy and earth resources
- Preparedness, response and recovery to fire, flood, biosecurity and mining emergencies.
- Providing access to and management of natural resources
- Assisting export activity and investment attraction
- Facilitate development projects
- Community and industry engagement, education, practice change and enforcement services
- Research and development
- Regulation and oversight of statutory regulators.
Planning, delivery and oversight of Victoria’s transport system, infrastructure and services.
- Developing strategies, plans, standards, performance indicators, programs and projects
- Transport system operations, asset management, and project management
- Improving transport services
- Development and construction of new transport infrastructure
- Coordinating transport bodies
- Strategic policy advice
- Regulatory policy
- Data and research into the transport system.
Delivering transport infrastructure projects.
- Transport infrastructure project delivery including the Melbourne Metro Rail Project, the Level Crossing Removal Project, and the Mernda Rail Extension.
Strategy and Planning group
Strategic planning, research, analysis and knowledge management, delivery of strategic projects and engagement with Commonwealth, state and local governments.
- Strategic intent, including economic reform priorities, and strategic planning
- Integrated Planning and Investment Cycle
- Data, analysis, strategic research and evaluation
- Outcomes framework and performance monitoring
- Integrating strategic advice into an overarching economic strategy and narrative
- Cross-portfolio strategic projects
- Coordinating Commonwealth-state engagement and collaborating with local government
- Reforms to improve the regulatory environment
- Fostering workforce access and participation.
People and Executive Services group
Supporting the department through a range of critical business functions, coordinating the department’s emergency response, and managing the transition to the department’s new structure.
- Human resource management and workplace services for the department
- Support portfolio ministers in their cabinet, parliamentary and other responsibilities
- Delivering legislative programs
- Legal services and advice
- Communications advice, services and products
- Internal governance frameworks including internal audit, risk management and business continuity, and business planning
- Promoting integrity and managing fraud and risks
- Organisational development strategy and cultural change program
- Coordination of emergency management.
Financial Management and Technology Services group
Provides strategic advice and services to drive performance and improve financial sustainability of the department and portfolio agencies.
- Long-term budget strategy
- Budget directions and financial sustainability
- Integrated planning and investment cycle
- Portfolio governance
- Performance and accountability framework, including performance reporting
- Procurement framework and rules
- Commercial advisory services
- Financial systems, including reporting and compliance
- Providing procurement and information services
- Implementing the ICT strategy.