About Jobs Victoria
Working for all Victorians
The State Government allocated $53 million to establish Jobs Victoria in May 2016. Jobs Victoria is funded to address labour market disadvantage, support disadvantaged Victorians into the workforce, provide targeted support services for people looking for work and for employers looking for workers.
Victoria is the fastest growing state in the nation, moving rapidly towards a knowledge economy. Within this dynamic environment, Jobs Victoria is developing a coherent and consolidated Victorian Government approach to supporting jobseekers at risk of being left behind.
Jobs Victoria initiatives include:
- The Jobs Victoria Employment Network (JVEN) has been designed to address gaps in employment programs identified in a recent review and to support disadvantaged jobseekers who are not well-serviced by Commonwealth programs.
- The BiTS (Business in Transition Support) Program helps reduce the adverse impact of retrenchments. BiTS is open to any business or employer in Victoria that is currently undertaking or considering a retrenchment process.
- The Youth Employment Scheme (YES) offers young people aged 15 to 24 an opportunity to work in the Victorian Public Service (VPS) or an agency of government for 12 months while studying for a Certificate III or IV qualification.
- The Jobs Victoria Youth Cadetship Scheme (YCS) offers entry-level Victorian Public Service (VPS) positions to disadvantaged young people who have graduated from YES. The two-year cadetships provide talented young people a pathway to meaningful public service career.
- The Social Enterprise Strategy includes a number of initiatives to support the growth of the social enterprise sector and inclusive economic growth across Victoria.
- Additionally, Jobs Victoria is developing a coherent and consolidated Victorian Government approach to supporting jobseekers at risk of being left behind.
Jobs Victoria is part of a suite of initiatives arising from the Jobs for Victoria strategy, to support jobs growth across the state and to assist Victorians to take up these new job opportunities. Other Jobs for Victoria initiatives include:
- The Major Project Skills Guarantee
- The Future Industries Fund
- Regional Jobs Fund
- Agriculture Infrastructure and Jobs Fund
- Premier's Jobs and Investment Fund
- Local Industry Fund for Transition
- New Energy Technologies Program
- Wine Growth Fund
These initiatives direct investment where it is needed to create jobs and growth across the state.
If you are looking for career opportunities with the Victorian Public Service, please go to the Careers Vic website.
Page last updated: 16 February 2017