The Victorian Government is committed to delivering cycling projects and programs that focus on safety and increasing cycling participation across Victoria.
To reflect these commitments and guide investment in cycling, the department is leading an update of Victoria's cycling strategy and developing a new cycling action plan.
The updated cycling strategy will align with other relevant government priorities and plans to ensure investments meet the needs of all bike riders.
In late 2015, the department asked Victorians for their views on the following proposed directions for Victoria's cycling strategy:
- Encouraging cycling participation
- Improving cyclists safety
- Promoting the health benefits of cycling
- Highlighting the environmental benefits of cycling
- Growing cycle tourism in regional Victoria
- Planning networks and prioritising investment
More than 2,780 Victorians had their say, either by completing an online survey, attending one of our 10 consultation workshops or making a written submission.
The public consultation period has closed. Thank you to everyone who participated.
The department is now working with key stakeholders to refine the public feedback and develop an updated strategy and an action plan for release in mid-2016.
Previous cycling strategy and action plan
- Cycling Strategy: Cycling into the Future 2013-23 Cycling Strategy Cycling into the Future 2013-23 (PDF 1936.06 KB)
- Cycling Strategy: Cycling into the Future 2013-23 Cycling strategy - cycling into the future 2013-23 (DOC 2587 KB)
- Victorian Cycling Action Plan 2013 & 2014 Victorian cycling action plan 2013-14 (PDF 548.06 KB)
- Victorian Cycling Action Plan 2013 & 2014 Victorian cycling action plan 2013-14 (DOC 108.5 KB)
Page last reviewed on 13 May 2016