The department is working to deliver projects at Victoria's major ports, as well as initiatives for local ports and the boating and fishing industry.
Safe and Accessible Waterways Consultation
The Safe and Accessible Waterways Consultation invites Victorians to have their say to help ensure safe and positive experiences on Victorian waterways and convenient access and fit for purpose facilities and services.
- For more information visit the Safe and Accessible Waterways Consultation page.
About Victoria's commercial ports
Victoria's commercial trading ports provide critical transfer points in Victoria's transport network and connect Victoria to international markets.
- For more information visit the About Victoria's commercial ports page.
Major ports projects
There are major infrastructure developments underway to ensure future port capacity can meet growing demand.
- For more information visit the Port of Melbourne's Port Capacity Project page
By servicing a wide range of users, local ports play a vital part in local communities and support industries of importance to Victoria's economy.
- For more information visit the local ports page.
Safety and environment management plans
All ports managers are required to have plans specific to the needs and challenges of their own particular ports.
- For more information visit the safety and environment management plans page.
Boating Safety and Facilities Program
The Boating Safety and Facilities Program is a State government funding program that plays an important role in making boating safer and more accessible for all Victorians.
- For more information visit the Boating Safety and Facilities Program page.
New ports and environs planning provisions
The Victorian Government announced planning provisions to ensure Victoria's ports and surrounding environs are further protected to secure their ongoing productivity.
- For more information visit the new ports environs and planning provisions page.
Page last reviewed on 16 November 2016