Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment
The Victorian Government is investing $63 million in the Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment to deliver a safer, more modern place of business and activity and grow investment towards the long term-vision of a revitalised Frankston city centre.
The redevelopment will play a pivotal role in revitalising the city centre as a vibrant place to work, live, learn and visit.
A government-appointed taskforce has delivered its master plan and recommendations on options to best support the revitalisation of the Frankston Station precinct.
- Improve Frankston Station by rebuilding the station, consolidating the buses on Young Street and upgrading the subway
- Improve Young Street by creating a high quality pedestrian streetscape
- Facilitate development of council and state government land
- Provide better pedestrian connections with key destinations
- Create new public plazas
- Strengthen local businesses
- Deliver a range of integrated safety initiatives
- Improve access and management of car parking
- Promote Frankston's strengths and bright future
- Build partnerships to leverage improvements.
To ensure these recommendations are delivered, a Master Plan Delivery Board has been established. The board is chaired by Member for Frankston Paul Edbrooke MP, and includes senior local leaders from key partners.
The $13 million Young Street Improvement project will start soon and is expected to be completed by March 2017.
VicRoads is managing the project, which will create a safer environment for pedestrians, improve bus operations and provide better connection with the Frankston Station precinct and surrounding facilities.
Early work will include building a roundabout at Fletcher Road Extension / Dandenong Road to allow access to a new bus layover area and bus driver rest facilities and to enhance safety at this intersection.
For more information visit Young St improvements, Frankston on the VicRoadswebsite.
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment - Master Plan Recommendations SummaryFrankston Station Precinct Redevelopment Summary (PDF 370.99 KB)
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment Master Plan Frankston Station Precinct Master Plan (PDF 3187.43 KB)
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment Master Plan – Appendix A Frankston Station Precinct Appendix A.pdf (PDF 286.44 KB)
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment Master Plan – Appendix B Frankston-Station-Precinct-Appendix-B (PDF 4023.41 KB)
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment Master Plan – Appendix C Frankston Station Precinct Appendix C (PDF 8224.71 KB)
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment Master Plan – Appendix D
- 30 November 2015 - Board To Lead Frankston Station Precinct Transformation
- 26 August 2015 - Frankston Precinct Taskforce Recommendations Released
- 22 January 2015 - Taskforce will transform Frankston Station
For more information about the Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment, contact the project team:
Page last reviewed on 28 April 2016