Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment
The Victorian Government is investing $63 million in the Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment to deliver a safer, more modern place of business and activity and grow investment towards the long term-vision of a revitalised Frankston city centre.
A government-appointed taskforce has delivered its master plan and recommendations on options to best support the revitalisation of the Frankston Station precinct.
The Frankston Revitalisation Board, chaired by Member for Frankston Paul Edbrooke MP and comprising senior local leaders from key partners, will oversee the implementation of the redevelopment, including:
- Rebuilding Frankston station, consolidating the buses on Young Street and upgrading the subway
- Improving Young Street by creating a high quality pedestrian streetscape
- Providing better pedestrian connections with key destinations
- Creating new public plazas.
Frankston station design competition
A competition for Australian registered architects and urban designers to create their vision for the new Frankston railway station has attracted 39 entries.
The competition jury chaired by Victorian Government Architect Jill Garner will now meet to select the five best ideas to transform the station.
Until 12 December the entries will be available online and at the Frankston Revitalisation Hub on the corner of Young and Balmoral streets, opposite the station.
Young Street Improvement project
The $13 million project to transform Young Street between Wells and Beach streets started in October.
The works will be carried out on by Seymour Whyte, a leading ASX-listed infrastructure, engineering and construction company delivering major projects nationally across the transport, utilities and resources sectors.
VicRoads is managing the Young Street Improvement project, which will create a safer environment for pedestrians, improve bus operations and provide better connection with the Frankston Station precinct and surrounding facilities. The project is expected to be completed by mid-2017.
For more information visit Young St improvements, Frankston on the VicRoads website.
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment - Master Plan Recommendations SummaryFrankston Station Precinct Redevelopment Summary (PDF 370.99 KB)
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment Master Plan Frankston Station Precinct Master Plan (PDF 3187.43 KB)
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment Master Plan – Appendix A Frankston Station Precinct Appendix A.pdf (PDF 286.44 KB)
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment Master Plan – Appendix B Frankston-Station-Precinct-Appendix-B (PDF 4023.41 KB)
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment Master Plan – Appendix C Frankston Station Precinct Appendix C (PDF 8224.71 KB)
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment Master Plan – Appendix D Frankston Station Precinct Appendix D (PDF 131.47 KB)
- 30 November 2015 - Board To Lead Frankston Station Precinct Transformation
- 26 August 2015 - Frankston Precinct Taskforce Recommendations Released
- 22 January 2015 - Taskforce will transform Frankston Station
- 30 June 2016 - Work On New Frankston Station Precinct Starts Next Week
For more information about the Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment, contact the project team:
Page last reviewed on 1 December 2016