Geelong to Waurn Ponds Railway Planning Project
The $4 million Geelong to Waurn Ponds Railway Planning Project will deliver the detailed planning required to complete a business case for duplicating the track from South Geelong to Waurn Ponds.
The Victorian Government has committed $3 million to this project with a further $1 million allocated from the Commonwealth Government to help plan for more frequent and reliable services for passengers in the Geelong region.
This project will examine a range of rail track duplication options and other rail infrastructure upgrade works to remove the bottleneck on the single track between South Geelong and Waurn Ponds, ultimately delivering more trains, more often to growing areas in the south.
The project will examine options for:
- rail track duplication between South Geelong and Waurn Ponds
- modernising the Geelong to South Geelong tunnel
- signalling upgrades between Geelong and Waurn Ponds; and
- upgrades at South Geelong, Marshall and Waurn Ponds stations.
Have your say
Consultation with communities that reside along the rail line between South Geelong and Waurn Ponds will also be able to have their say with information sessions planned to be held in late 2017. Details of these community information sessions will be advertised via local papers ahead of the sessions.
To express interest in attending information sessions or for further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contract award for detailed planning works
- Consultation with key stakeholders
- Community information sessions
- Geotechnical surveys carried out
- Preliminary designs complete
Page last reviewed on 4 October 2017