Applications are now open for the 2017 Victorian International Education Awards
Published: 3 August 2017
Applications have opened for the annual Victorian International Education Awards that celebrate the accomplishments and contributions of Victoria's best and brightest international students.
Now in its fifth year, the awards feature seven student awards and one Premier's Award for International Student of the Year. Provider Awards will be presented on a biennial basis from 2018.
Last year, Applied Chemistry PhD student, Jessica Pandohee was awarded with the Premier's Award in recognition of her volunteer work with a number of student support organisations and environmental conservation groups.
International Student Award winners receive a scholarship of $10,000 to contribute to their studies at a Victorian institution, while the recipient of the Premier's Award receives an additional $10,000 towards their studies.
Shortlisted applicants for 2017 will also have the chance to participate in professional development training run by Study Melbourne, which will include a mixture of personal development and leadership skills.
Applications for the Victorian International Education Awards are open until midnight on 23 August 2017.
Award categories for 2017 are:
- International Student of the Year – English Language Training
- International Student of the Year – Vocation Education and Training
- International Student of the Year – Higher Education
- International Student of the Year – Research
- International Student of the Year – Regional
- International Alumnus of the Year
- Victorian Student of the Year – Internationalisation
- Premier's Award – International Student of the Year
For more information about the awards and application process, please visit our Study Melbourne website.