The Equal Workplaces Advisory Council
The Equal Workplaces Advisory Council has been established to promote gender equality in Victorian workplaces. The council will report to and advise the Minister of Industrial Relations, Natalie Hutchins about initiatives that will tackle the gap in women's pay and workforce participation, including gendered occupational segregation.
The council is a key founding reform of the Victorian Government's Gender Equality Strategy, in recognition that private and public sector workplaces are key settings to drive women's economic security and independence.
The council is currently developing an action plan, informed by the council's strategic planning workshop held on Friday 14 July 2017.
The council is chaired by Liberty Sanger, a principal at Maurice Blackburn Lawyers and one of Victoria's most respected workplace lawyers.
In addition to the chair, the members of the council are:
- Andrea Carson – Lecturer, University of Melbourne
- Sara Charlesworth – Professor, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Barbara Cullen – Director, Small Business Victoria, DEDJTR
- Catherine Dixon – Executive Director, Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission
- Emma King – Chief Executive Officer, Victorian Council of Social Services
- Kathryn McAnalley – Manager, Employment Policy, DEDJTR
- Jane Mckay – Director Human Resources, Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Michael Mead – Director, Workplace Relations, Australian Industry Group
- Ingrid Stitt – Secretary, Australian Services Union
- Wilhelmina Stracke – Industrial Campaigns Officer, Victorian Trades Hall Council,
- Lissa Zass – Director, Industrial Relations Victoria, DEDJTR
Page last updated: 21 July 2017