In a global environment of change, Victoria's continued economic growth relies on the forward-thinking initiatives of today.
The Future Industries priority sectors are:
- construction technologies
- defence technologies
- food and fibre
- international education
- medical technologies and pharmaceuticals
- professional services
- transport technologies
- new energy technologies
The Future Industries sector strategies are guiding the government's investments with a range of priority actions including targeted infrastructure improvements, programs to build workforce skills, and collaborative initiatives to support the adoption of global best practices.
Through the Future Industries Fund, four grant programs provide direct funding support to businesses seeking to innovate and grow:
- The $20 million Sector Growth Program, which supports collaborative projects in priority sectors to generate jobs, increase productivity and compete in the global marketplace.
- The Future Industries Manufacturing Program, which offers funding of up to $500,000 for the implementation of new manufacturing technologies and processes in their Victoria-based operations.
- The $20 million New Energy Jobs Fund, which supports Victoria-based projects that create long-term sustainable jobs, increase the uptake of renewable energy generation, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and drive innovation in new energy technologies.
- The Victorian Defence Industry Supply Chain Program, which supports Victorian Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to win more domestic and international defence and national security work.
Want to know more?
Visit Business Victoria to find out more about Future Industries and to apply for grants.
Page last updated: 2 August 2017