Projects valued at $50 million or more, or as otherwise agreed, are Strategic Projects under Local Jobs First – VIPP. Maintenance and other services projects that satisfy this threshold are also classified as Strategic Projects.
VIPP Strategic Projects have minimum local content requirements and other conditions determined on a case-by-case basis by government. Bidders for strategic projects are encouraged to seek goods and services from local small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
VIPP Strategic Projects are expected to:
- Contribute to the productive capability of Victoria and make a strategic economic contribution to the State
- Potentially generate significant local industry participation, employment or skills and training/technology transfer
- Create opportunities to build ongoing industry capability, skills and employment benefits
- Contain significant contestable items.
VIPP Strategic Projects - Forward Plan
The Victorian Government has released a Forward Plan of VIPP Strategic Projects, creating more business and job opportunities in Victoria.
- Download the VIPP Strategic Projects - Forward PlanVIPP-Strategic-Projects-Forward-Plan-August-2017.pdf (PDF 390.87 KB)*
The Forward Plan of Local Jobs First - VIPP Strategic Projects lists current and upcoming projects, providing industry with early notification of project information and the opportunity for business to register their interest to supply into these projects.
SMEs can register their interest in supplying into these projects and related activities with ICN at forwardplan.icn.org.au.
VIPP Strategic Projects - Local Steel Products Commitment
The Victorian Government is committed to supporting the local steel industry, to address this the Government has introduced a requirement to use local steel products on applicable VIPP Strategic Projects.
The local steel products commitment applies to all steel products that will be directly procured for the project (excludes hired services) by the prime contractor, either on a temporary or permanent basis, and project deliverables procured from a subcontractor (excluding subcontractor's overhead cost items). The commitment applies to products that are wholly or contain a substantial proportion of steel.
* An accessible version of the VIPP Strategic Projects - Forward Plan will be provided shortly.
Page last updated: 15 December 2017